Inventory Unit Detail
Toro 54" (137 cm) TITAN® MX5400 (74882)
This 54" floating deck mower features a bull-nose bumper, a 23 hp Kawasaki® 726cc engine, and a heavy-duty frame. Built to last, AND designed for user comfort, the MX5400 features a thickly padded deluxe bolstered seat and padded armrests, dual oversized Comfort Grip™ levers with hydraulic dampers, and full 3-D isolation. In addition, Toro's cutting technology always gives your lawn a superior quality of cut.
- 54" Fully-welded, 10 gauge mowing deck with bull nose reinforcement
- 23 hp 726cc Kawasaki® V-Twin engine
- Heavy-duty 1.5” x 3” tubular frame - for superior strength and durability
- Deluxe seat with adjustable floating suspension to glide over terain
- 54" (137.2 cm) Fabricated Deck: For an aggressive deck built to handle tough cutting conditions yet provide a truly superior quality of cut, Toro's 4.5" (11.4 cm) deep, fully welded, fabricated deck is up to the challenge. The leading edge of the deck is reinforced with a Toro "Bull-Nose" commercial style bumper. Three anti-scalp wheels in front and two anti-scalp skids in the back help the deck float over rough terrain. Create your own natural fertilizer by adding a Recycling Kit or make yard clean-up a snap with an optional Twin Bagging system.
- Powerful Kawasaki Engine: TITAN mowers are powered exclusively by Kawasaki commercial-grade engines - the brand chosen 2 to 1 by professional contractors. These smooth, powerful and reliable engines are so tough, they're backed by a 3-year commercial warranty.
- Rock-Solid Frame: A 1.5" X 3" (3.8 cm x 7.6 cm) tubular frame forms the rock solid foundation for the rest of the mower. The large continous frame tubes have seamless sides with no welded joints which provides maximum strength. And it's backed by a Lifetime Guarantee warranty.
- 4-Year/400 hour Limited Plus Lifetime Frame Warranty: We're so confident in the life of the TITAN MX, we stand behind it with one of the best warranties in the business. Toro backs up the materials and workmanship of the TITAN with a 4-year/400 hour limited warranty, and the frame is guaranteed for life. The Toro brand is built on a heritage of durability, so you can count on your TITAN season after season.
- Smooth Performance: The commercial-grade ZT-3100 hydrostatic transmissions combine consistent performance with easy maintenance.
- Deluxe Suspension Seat: This deluxe, thickly padded seat features large bolsters and 3-D isolator mounts. It's mounted on a floating, adjustable suspension system that absorbs bumps and vibrations to reduce operator fatigue.
- Oversized Controls: The TITAN MX features oversized comfort grip controls that help reduce hand fatique over longer periods of mowing.
- Flip-Up Floor Pan: The flip-up the floor pan makes if easy to access to the top of the deck for cleaning off grass clippings. It's also pierced with small holes for a textured grip and natural drain holes.
- Rubber Discharge Chute: High performance rubber discharge chute allows for close trimming without damaging chute or landscape structures. Patented design provides exceptional clipping dispersion.
- Increased Flotation: Wider 13" x 6.5" front tires reduce compaction on your turf while providing a comfortable ride.
- Gentle on Turf: Large, 22" diameter rear tires provide ample traction and a smooth ride on rough terrain without tearing up your lawn.
- Deck Washout Ports: Simply attach a hose to the deck washout port to keep your cutting system clean and in top shape.
- Foot Operated HOC: This system allows you to quickly raise and lower the deck while mowing without taking your hands off of the controls. The HOC has a range from 1.5" - 4.5" (3.8 cm - 11.4 cm) with 13 positions in quarter inch increments making sure there is a setting just right for you and your lawn.
- Folding ROPS: Folding Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) comes standard. The folding design folds easily with the help of quick-release pins. It tucks under the frame for compact storage or when mowing under low obstacles on flat ground.
- Engine: 23 hp Kawasaki® 726cc V-Twin
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gallon
- Mowing Speed: Up to 8.5 mph (13.679 kph)
- Cutting Width: 54 in. (137 cm)
- Anti-Scalp Wheels: 3
- Armrests: Standard, Adjustable
- Blade Tip Speed: 18,000 ft/min
- Cup Holder: Standard
- Deck Design: 10-gauge fabricated w/ bull-nose bumper
- Discharge Chute: Molded Rubber
- Engine Horsepower: 23 hp
- Engine Construction: Forced Air-Cooled V-twin 4-cycle Vertical Shaft OHV
- Engine Displacement: 726cc
- Foot Operated Height of Cut: Standard
- Ground Speed: Up to 8.5 mph (13.679 kph)
- Height, ROPS Up: 73 in. (185.42 cm)
- Height, ROPS Down: 47 in. (119.38 cm)
- Height of Cut: 1.5" to 4.5" 13 position
- Number of Blades: 3
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Hydraulic Dampeners: Standard
- Length: 77.3 in (196 cm)
- Mulching: Optional (Recycler Mulching Kit)
- ROPS: Standard, Folding
- Seat: Deluxe Bolstered Seat w/ Adjustable Suspension
- Spindle Housing: 7.75 in. (19.68 cm) diameter housing / 1 in. (2.54 cm) diameter shaft
- Steering Controls: Dual oversized Comfort Grip™ levers with hydraulic dampers
- Tires, Front: 13" x 6.5" Smooth (33.3 cm x 16.5 cm)
- Tires, Rear: 22" x 10"- 12" diameter rim (55.8 cm x 30.4 cm - 30.4 cm)
- Transmission: Commercial HG-ZT3100 w/ charge pumps, shock valves & heavy duty gears
- Washout Port: 2 Standard
- Warranty: 4-year Limited / 400 hr Frame Guaranteed for Life
- Width, Deflector Up: 57.7 in. (146.56 cm)
- Width, Deflector Down: 67.9 in. (172.47 cm)
- Cargo Carrier: The cargo carrier is perfect for homeowners that need light duty hauling capabilities for mulch, soil, garden tools and other items for working the yard. No "jack knifing" and it's easy to store.
- E-Z Vac Powered Bagger: The powered bagger system allows for enhanced collection in thick, wet conditions and provides a more effiecient bagging experience vs. non-powered baggers.
- Leaf Bagging Enhancment Kit: Decreases leaf blowout on the deck when bagging leaves and increases bagging performance.
- Light Kit: Three lights easily mount to the mower frame and wiring quickly connects to the existing accessory circuit.
- Striping Kit: Easily add a striping kit to the cutting deck and give your lawn a professional striped look.
- Brinly-Hardy Attachments: Standard hitch pulls a variety of premium Brinly-Hardy attachments, such as a cart, lawn sweeper, dethatcher, aerator and sprayer. See your local Toro dealer for details.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 23 hp
- Engine Type
- 726 cc
- Commercial HG-ZT3100 w/ charge pumps, shock valves & heavy duty gears
- Wheel Size
- Front: 13 in. x 6.5 in. (33.3 cm x 16.5 cm); Rear: 22 in. x 10 in.-12 in. (55.8 cm x 30.4 cm-30.4 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal.
- Deck Size
- 54 in. (137 cm)
- Discharge Type
- Side; Optional: Bag